On behave of Frank the Trail Leader there will be Swanson Trail Day next Saturday starting at 8:30 from the parking lot.
Planned goals for the day:
1. A new trail leading up to the last installed bridge needs to be cut and the straighten leading into the bridge
2. Trail tree root maintenance needs to performed
3. Sections of the trail have grooved to a level where the sides need to be cut down and the dirt packed down into the middle and settle over the winter
4. A bridge needs to be moved from the back of Swanson to replace one of the Red clay pipe crossings up on the hill
5. The trail dip just before starting the downhill needs to be armored
6. Dirt needs to be added to the various tree jumps/log crossings
7. A couple of sign posts need to be replace and marked
8. A clear thick lacquer needs to be painted of the trial markers
Folks need to bring digging tools to this event to help with armoring some of the water crossing areas, bridge movement and repositioning and knocking the evil peddle catchin edges off some of the rutted areas.